Call out for journalism and media innovators in Africa!
Are you a media maker with an interesting journalism and media innovation?
If so, then the Jamfest 2021 is the right place for you to showcase your innovative journalism and/or media project/tool/platform.
Jamfest is an African media and information festival directed at a diverse set of African media makers and media publics. This inaugural festival will be hosted virtually from 13 – 17 September 2021.
The festival will showcase new content styles and approaches, new audiences and great innovations in delivery. Jamfest is hosted in collaboration with the Civic Tech Innovation Forum.
The primary focus of the virtual platform is to showcase African civic tech and media innovations, offering a platform for attractive and user-friendly sharing of solution information and features for finding / connecting between civic tech’ers and potential funders and/or other interested parties. Through this platform exhibitors will easily populate their online portfolio/profile/booth where they can share materials in image, video, documentary and other formats to present compelling information about their organisation and innovation(s).
In the Media space, the following are potential focus areas to guide applicants:
- Media sustainability & new business models
- Innovation & Innovators
- Tools for journalists and journalism
- Audience engagement
- AI/Machine learning
For civic tech Innovators:
For the showcase, we are inviting civic tech innovators who have something exciting to share with the community, this may include the following innovations:
- Impact Stories – practical experiences, results and lessons learned
- Newbies – Starting out stories by innovators
- Cutting edge – new methods / tools / techniques, experimental projects, etc.
- DIY Africa – Examples of where people are creatively solving their own problems through data / digital innovation around Africa
- Ecosystem supports and enablers – Toolkits, training, services, etc. that are enabling civic tech
Please complete the below form for your submission
Enquiries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions – Basic requirements for Exhibitors:
By applying to host an Exhibition booth, you would be committing that you will be:
- Able to populate their booth with enough appropriate materials
- Willing to display for 1 week, and possibly to maintain beyond
- Availability to host/tend to the booth for the week – i.e. respond to enquiries
- Able to provide publicity and promotion information and support to the Communications team (e.g. images, interviews, etc.)
- Be available to present a session / participate once or twice in the scheduled daily Exhibition “Hangout hour” during Forum week
- Respond to / take meetings with interested exhibition visitors
- Help promote the Exhibition through your networks, including inviting visitors to your Booth
Publish EOI: 16 July 2021
Deadline for exhibition proposals: 30 July 2021
Notification of acceptance: 6 August 2021
Booths should be ready by: 5 September
Fill in the form below or click here.