The JAMLAB accelerator programme is a six-month hothouse accelerator programme for journalism and media innovators. It will provide teams with the tools, facilities, contacts, and support necessary to realise their ideas and ambitions.
The programme focuses on journalism and media innovators with potential to transform information, conversation and public space.
Up to six teams will receive:
- A six month fellowship at Wits Journalism
- Free workspace at the new Tshimologong Precinct co-working space
- Mentorship and coaching from experienced media, start-up and tech experts and entrepreneurs
- Free places on a three-month “Creating the Media” certificate course at Wits
- Access to a software development team at Tshimologong
- Opportunities to pitch to potential investors and funders
At the end of their time on the programme, the teams will pitch to potential investors and donors with MVP (Minimum Viable Product).
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGS FROM THE CURRENT ACCELERATOR PROGRAMME FELLOWS